Monday, August 20, 2012

it's a revolution.

day fourteen: a picture of you last year, and how you've changed.

September 21, 2011

a month and one day, one year ago i began a journey of changing.
(i know, i know. I sound like a broken record, ACL this, surgery that. but really it impacted my life more than anything has thus far.)
how I have changed:
1. good things happen to good people.
Christ doesn't punish us for being bad, and he doesn't shield bad things from happening for being good.
trials and temptation come to everyone, even the best people out there.
that was hard for me to understand, but I now get that I am strong enough to handle whatever Heavenly Father throws my way. and besides, He's there to help me through all of this.
2. people aren't always what they seem.
 I thought I had my best friend for forever. the kind of best friend that you go to college together, live next to each other when you are married, & your kids become best friends. the kind that doesn't leave me when you need them most.
news flash: she wasn't.
I've started to get to know people better, become friends with maybe the unexpected ones.
and I've stopped judging people, and have learned their story.
3. feeling sorry for yourself gets you nowhere
besides weight gain and depression, feeling sorry for myself has done NOTHING for me.
my old best friend and I aren't friends?
oh well. I deserve better anyway.
I didn't make the cheer squad?
there is always next year.
my grandpa passed away?
I'll see him again one day.
4. who cares what people think about you.
I am 4'11". yes, I could qualify for a handicapped sticker. no I am not going to get one.
my mom always tried to get me to wear heels. but heaven forbid I did, because I thought I would be judged like crazy.
guess what? who cares!
I'm changing that about myself, I don't care what people think.
like me, hate me, admire me, ignore me.
I am who I am, and I'm not going to change for anyone, but myself of course.
5. everything happens for a reason.
I am still trying to change my mantra in life. but I believe this a lot more now then I did a couple of months ago. my cousin, who really is more of an older brother, told me,
"everything will be okay in the end.
if it's not okay, it's not the end."
and you know what? I believe him.

No comments:

Post a Comment