Tuesday, November 27, 2012

a full tummy & a grateful heart

granted I'm 5 days late... but thanksgiving was wonderful!
it was so nice to relax, and not do school work for a few days. it truly was marvelous.
I probably gained a couple pounds, get over it. I did. the food is always divine, and I love being with my family. setting up for Christmas afterwards is a blessing... but my most favorite-st part of Thanksgiving is reflecting on all the blessings that have been bestowed upon me.
I truly could go on forever as I reflected this past week on all I have, but I'll keep it concise:

  • The gospel
  • My family
  • My home
  • My health
  • My opportunities I have had through out my life
and to make it even more special, Thanksgiving fell on my momma's birthday this year! You'd never guess how old she turned, because she always looks beautiful. 


moving out, I've realized all that my mom has done for me. She's taught me so many things that I took for granted, until I am on my own and I have to do them myself:
 My momma taught me good fashion, which I am forever grateful.  
She taught me how to clean a house [a very important skill. trust me] & to always make it smell good.
     oh. and how to decorate. She is aaaaah-mazing.
She set an extremely high bar for cooking slash baking, and boy do I miss home cooked meals.
She showed me true happiness growing up: laughing & making jokes are vital for living a good life.
She has pushed me to be my best.
&& most importantly, she taught me that I am a strong girl, with a brave testimony. 


I am very thankful for her, and so very grateful that I am blessed with the greatest best friend there could be. && I'm grateful that I was able to realize she was there for me when no one else was--I'll forever be grateful for her, and the young woman I'm becoming because of her.

I love you mom, forever & always.

2 comments:

  1. Oh those photos are so dang cute. I love this.

    kianabates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so sweet! you are darling! ❤

    ReplyDelete