Tuesday, January 1, 2013

cheers.

2011 introduced the trials into my life.
-cancer became involved in our family
-I tore my knee up all sorts of awful
-my wonderful papa lost his job

2012 took those trials and decided to finish what they started.
-cancer beat my grandpa and my cousin Will
-due to my knee, I wasn't fully ready for try-outs, & therefore didn't make the BYU cheer squad
-the weight of losing a job became apparent in our lives.

but the difference between good ol' 11 and twenty-twelve was my attitude.
it took me a little bit to create a good perspective on life, but it happened.

along with the now apparent trials and tribulations, and blessings were also poured into my life.
I was accepted into BYU, I received a scholarship which helped tremendously with paying for my school. I had the opportunity to see God's hand in my life. He really does care for me and knows who I am. I learned that He has a plan for me, and it is going to be accomplished on His time-table, not mine. But most importantly, I was blessed with the opportunity to become happy. Truly, truly happy...

I learned so much, and I can't for 2013 so I can apply what I've learned, and grow into a wonderful person.

cheers to 2013: I have no idea what God has in store for me, but I can't wait to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment