Tuesday, September 25, 2012

my hero

day eighteen: something you miss.
(in all reality, this whole "30 day challenge" has taken me much, much longer.)

My beautiful cousin Will Jacobs passed away at age 13 on September 22nd at 3:00 AM.



I missed him everyday already, but now I miss him more. He was the most loving, compassionate person that has ever walked this earth.
My words don't do it justice, but my Auntie Anja's do...

"If you ever want your opinion agreed with...express it to Will. If you ever want your confidence boosted...hang out with Will. If you ever want to learn impeccable manners...listen to Will. If you ever want to increase your patience or long suffering...watch Will. If you ever want to laugh in the face of adversity...giggle with Will. If you ever need an attitude adjustment...follow Will. If you want to know there IS a God...meet Will."

I am so grateful for my little cousin who I used to always look up to for being so darn funny, and extremely complimentary. When he got sick, I realized that my little cousin, who I rarely saw, was my hero and I am so lucky that I had the opportunity to be in his family.

I love this little boy more than words can describe, and I really, really miss him. I know he's in a better place... he was in so much pain. He never showed it though, just told people he was sorry and he that loved them..

Will has left a legacy behind him-a legacy of joy, love, and never letting life defeat you.
It isn't necessary for me to say, but "God be with you till we meet again" Will.

3 comments: