Sunday, March 18, 2012

rest in peace;; paca max

Waking up at 3 in the morning to the sound of your mother's tears, is something you never want to experience...

backup: remember my paca max? he was diagnosed with lung cancer for those who don't. At 2:30 am, I woke up to use the restroom (two much information? sorry). when I went to bed, I couldn't fall asleep, my mind was racing-thinking of the things I need to do this week. but I mostly was still awake because I heard my mom talking on the phone. No, not talking, sobbing. In my heart I knew why-a phone call alerting my grandfathers death-but I didn't want to believe it. I pushed the thought away and finally fell asleep..

My dad woke me ups his morning at 10. he told me to come into their room-my mom needed to talk to me. Still hazy from my nights sleep, i didn't put two and two together. of course, it didn't take long for me to put my head back on my pillow and drift slowly back into a slumber. The door bell rang, and my dad sprinted up the stairs because he was just in his skiddies (sorry, tmi again) and sat on my bed. I jolted up, and he broke it to me. "Jos, your grandpa passed away at around 2 o'clock this morning.. He went peacefully, sitting on his favorite place." My aunt Jill told my mom, "the king passed on his throne."

My arms were thrown around my dad before I even knew what I was doing. Tears were streaming down my face as the realization of his death became prevalent. My thoughts last night weren't a nightmare, they were reality.

My paca max, the nickname jordon gave him as a little boy, is the one who taught me true hard work, bacon sandwiches-bacon a piece of bread and that's all- and gratitude. He never was baptized, but deep down, I know he believed.. Regardless, he was the greatest man to walk this earth. He is an angel, who adored his grandparents. I know that they were there greeting him into the spirit world..

As hard as it has been, it has been so much easier knowing what I know. My savior has a different plan for us, and for him. I love Him, and I love my grandpa..

1 comment:

  1. oh Jos! I'm sorry, hope you are doing alright! Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete