Thursday, March 29, 2012

in loving memory


I've only been to one other funeral in my life,
& that was my cousin Max's.
he passed away at age 2.
I was 5.

I hardly remember anything, the only thing I can faintly recall is looking at my baby cousin in his cowboy gear, as calm as a summers sky.

My paca Max's funeral was a little different.
1. I remember everything that happened.
2. We were celebrating his life, not mourning for the loss of years.
3. I bawled the entire time.

The funeral service was wonderful.
Of course it was horribly sad, and it was a good thing I didn't bother with make up that morning (smart move), but it had such a positive emotion floating through the chapel that I can't quite but a finger on.

He isn't suffering any longer,
and he is in a better place.

That's what was going on through the minds of my family because it is the truth.
Of course I will miss so many things about him.
*his humor.
*his hard work
*his laugh
*his love
But I'm grateful his battle to live, breathe, is at it's end
and hope & pray that all those who are suffering will no longer have to.

 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment